More and more women are starting their own businesses and getting aware of the opportunities available outside their 9-to-6 jobs. But, for women it is challenging to focus on their new mission, as they have to struggle to strike work-life balance.
Here are the few tips that may help them to start a new business:
- Find your passion – You are going to spend long hours working for your business, so pick an industry that you don’t just like, but are passionate about. When you are passionate, it shows, and your enthusiasm and belief in what you are doing translates to your customers, sparking their enthusiasm about what you are offering.
- Keep your home and work life separate – It is important to set aside time for both personal and work lives, in order to give each the attention it deserves. Set specific office hours and unless there is an emergency, stick to them. Train yourself to work during office hours and do not accept calls or check emails after hours. Your customers and clients will also conform to your schedule as long as you stick to it.
- Don’t pay attention to any disadvantages – Don’t put any energy into wondering if you have different challenges than any other leader or business owner because you are a female. If you are good at what you do, that’s all that matters.
- Be positive, flexible and patient – It takes a good amount of time to build a business. Continue to have a positive outlook and don’t stop believing in yourself. There has never been a successful business owner that hasn’t run into some challenges!
- Don’t let the lack of confidence or fear hold you back – Women are generally more afraid of failure than their male counterparts. Moreover, cultural traditions also discourage women from taking leadership positions. Women are less confident than men in starting businesses. Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from being an entrepreneur.
- Believe in yourself – Actually, women have better communication and consulting skills, are more caring and loyal towards their organisation and peers and, compared to men, are less competitive, confrontational and aggressive, and less driven by money. They are far more dynamic and capable than previously believed. So, believe in yourself and be a leader!
- Get the right support – Seek out networking groups, coaches and mentors that will not only cheer you on, but challenge you to take your business to the next level. Network with other businesswomen in your field that can give you an eagle’s view of what’s working and what’s not.
If you are dreaming of setting up your own business, log on to TheGongzuo.com. We will help you in launching your start-up.
The thought of starting your own small business can be a little scary. Still, there are many great reasons for you to give it a go. Entrepreneurs are those who develop innovation to improve our world. The ability to start from “zero” and build it into a business that employs hundreds or thousands and generate significant revenues is remarkable.
There are plenty of reasons why you should consider being an entrepreneur and take the plunge.
- Industry, businesses and technology is changing –
This is a great time to find opportunities in changing scenarios of business/tech world. Provide a product or service that will enable people to do ordinary things in extra-ordinary way.
- Pursue your passion –
Part of the motive behind starting a business is to actually make a living doing what you love. If you do it whole-heartedly, you are bound to succeed.
- Sky is the limit –
When you own your business, your creativity and skill will grow and can be used as you need them for the success of your company. Similarly, there is no limit for your earning potential.
- Meaningful work –
As your own boss, you will have a chance to do work that means something to you, and perhaps to those who benefit from your goods or services.
- Flexibility –
You can start part-time. Before taking the plunge, you can continue your existing job and devote only a few hours per day till the things settle down on business front.
- Dream come True –
Owning a business is a dream for many. You can make it a reality.
- Boost your confidence –
Being a small business owner is not an easy task, but succeeding at it may help you to be confident in everything you do.
Running a business is not an easy task. It takes a lot of time, energy, and determination. But it also renders great rewards, if done properly. Do your research and figure out if you are truly ready to invest your resources in it. Consider taking the plunge and live the dream. Good luck!!
There are thousands of people who are working on or have just launched their company, but are worried about making wrong decisions. While you are working on building your team and designing marketing strategies, getting advice from successful business owners does help in avoiding mistakes and ensuring that you are on the right track!
The following tips are a summary of advices given by experienced businessmen that will help you navigate across the unseen world of entrepreneurship:
- Do what you know and are passionate about –
Don’t jump into a business just because profit margins are high or because the business idea seems trendy. Do what you really love. Businesses built around your strengths and talents will have a greater chance of success. It’s not only important to create a profitable business, it’s also important that you’re happy managing and growing it day in and day out. Pick something that excites and motivates you.
- Take that leap –
There is never a perfect time to launch a start-up, so follow that famous advice and “just do it.” Take the first step to building your business, even if it’s only part time while you still have a paying job.
- Don’t be afraid of failures –
In fact, look forward to failure. This is how you learn to succeed. There is plenty of time to get it right – so go ahead and just do it and get it wrong.
- Take care of your finances – You are running a start-up! So, learn to be frugal. Forget about stylish offices and expensive business lunches. Watch every dime and triple-check every expense. Maintain a low overhead and manage your cash flow effectively.
- Study your competitors –
Make sure you are thoroughly researching competitive products or services in the marketplace, and keep yourself updated about new developments and enhancements from your competitors.
- Build the right team –
You need to hire employees who have the relevant background and experience. They need to fit into the company culture you are trying to build. They need to be hard-working and flexible, as employees in start-ups often have to function in multiple roles.
- Focus on customer service –
One way to be successful is to provide outstanding customer service and support. Getting customer referrals early on will immensely help you in growing your start-up. Go the extra mile to make your customers feel valued and when they refer your name to their friends or family, show your appreciation.
- Learn from other business owners –
You are surrounded by experts in different areas. Talk to them, ask them questions and leverage their hard-earned knowledge. Along with the success stories, also learn about what didn’t work with them. You can learn as much by others’ failures as you can from the success stories.
If you also have jitters about starting up a new business, we at TheGongzuo.com are here to help you at every step of the way. Register at our website and share your business idea with us. We will connect you with our investors and mentors to guide you, so that you launch your business with confidence.
It’s a perfect time to be in Information Technology field. In the US, unemployment rates in this industry are lower than other industries. There are plenty of opportunities for IT professionals.
Here are the top IT skills in demand today in the US:
- UI/UX designers/developers – User experience and user interface (UX/UI) designers are going to be in high demand to help make software interfaces as intuitive as possible. Consumers won’t settle for anything less than a quick, seamless and painless user experience.
- Network engineers – Networking is the foundation of web and streaming technologies. For digital businesses as well, networking professionals are in high demand.
- Security professionals – Actually there is a shortage of this particular skill in the US. Hackers are creating threats to breach systems, so businesses and governments are scrambling to find security talent.
- Mobile engineers – Mobile is the most heavily used digital platform. There is a major market for mobile application developers.
- Business analysts – Business analysts play a critical role, as they are liaison between IT department and business. They ensure IT projects are meeting business needs and meeting strategic goals. Organizations need them as they speak both the languages – language of business as well as IT.
- IT project managers – With an increase in IT spending to pursue new innovation, IT project managers are in great demand. Managers who specialize in one particular field, for example banking and financial sector have the best chance to get placed.
- Cloud architects – With the continued shift toward public cloud infrastructure and hybrid cloud adoption, IT pros skilled at setting up, performing integration and securing cloud deployments remain in high demand.
- Data scientists – Companies are currently struggling to handle the overflow of data they’re receiving – everything from user data, customer behavior data, purchasing data, sales leads, marketing data etc. Professionals who can develop solutions to capture, process, analyze and interpret data continue to be necessary for an organization’s success.
If you are an expert in any of the above mentioned areas, please log on to TheGongzuo.com to find which employers are looking for your skill sets and apply today to get hired!