Apple is the world’s largest IT company by revenue and total assets, and the world’s second-largest mobile phone manufacturer. Here are few interesting facts about Apple:
- The bite in Apple’s logo was added so it wouldn’t be confused with a cherry. The original logo included Isaac Newton perching under an apple tree. That was eventually switched to the one we know today, a simple apple.
- A rare Apple-1 computer built in Steve Job’s garage in 1976 was sold at an auction in 2014 for US$905,000.
- Apple’s cofounder had sold all his shares for $800. Today they would have been worth US$35 billion.
- Apple has more operating cash than US treasury.
- Its brand worth US$118.9 billion. It is the world’s most valuable brand.
- Every Apple iPhone ad displays the time as 9:41 AM, the time Steve Jobs unveiled it in 2007.
- Apple recovered 2,204 pounds of gold from broken iPhones in 2015. That’s worth about US$40 million.
- Apple could buy Disney or Coca-Cola and pay in cash.