Improving technical skills could be one of the ways that leads towards your personal development. Here are few things you can do to improve your technical skills.
- Best way to learn anything is by doing it. You can read all the manuals and look at all the websites you want, but until you actually make your hands dirty, you’re not really going to know how to do it. For website construction and any programming type stuff, this is all the more important – just do it and play with it. Of course, there is so much you can learn from those that are more experienced.
- Once you have basic skill set, find a mentor either at your own workplace or outside. Ask if you can shadow them, help out, or watch over their shoulder and ask questions. Ask them for advice. Take their inputs in your IT career planning. With their experience and knowledge, you can have wisdom of the ages.
- Sometimes skills in different areas help you in IT field. Make effective use of what you have learned so far. For example, if you have been building and repairing electronic equipments, these skills will help you in programming, troubleshooting, software testing etc.
- Visit tech websites daily. By visiting those sites everyday you’ll be introduced to new technology, news and ideas.
- Read technical books/magazines.
- Take online tutorials.
To decide which technical skills you want to pick up or to get an idea which IT skills are in demand, register at TheGongzuo.com and search IT jobs relevant to your current or desired skillsets.